Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Search



Once again, I'm on the road,

 searching for one of a kind and hard to find

 items for the shops.

I'll be pulling out 

VERY

early in the a.m.

It's one of my favorite challenges in the business :
putting on my favorite old jeans and hat, work gloves in my back pocket,
comfortable boots
coffee in the cupholder
music playing


On the road again

zigging and zagging cross country

to visit my favorite haunts

and some good ol' boy pickers.

The anticipation is amazing

envisioning the possibilities!

I love scouring through loads of tantalizing old treasures,

and sometimes some pretty strange salvage
(aka worthless junk)

hoping to find those special pieces

  



that 
delight will my senses!



I

am

 always

 expecting the mother lode

that sweet spot where I'll walk into a barn full of breathtaking antiquities

 to sort through

......

each piece more fascinating than the last

......

untouched for generations

each one in pristine condition when I blow off the dust

......

Undisturbed history

just waiting patiently for 

ME

with all the stories buried along with the treasure

......

Ah 

Excuse me,

 I was caught up in the dream again  






OK

I'm back in reality

and I know it's tedious

dirty

heavy hauling

driving for hours and hours

day after day

......

and there are spiders and snakes and rusty nails and 
lions and tigers and bears
OH MY!

(It's just that I don't want you to envy me too much!)





I love to set off on a road trip
with miles before me
good music playing

and

the

dream

 alive in my heart


Wish me luck!



Antiques By Joy
selling at
 Dwell Antiques & Home
Greenwood Village, Colorado
303-795-3454
dwellantiques.com
facebook.com/dwellantiques





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...