Monday, December 31, 2012

Ending 2012 in Faith



Finishing up 2012 today with 

paperwork

filing

organizing

and reflecting about how I can improve and grow 
in
 2013


There's always a sense of starting fresh and doing a better job in the new year.
It's human nature to believe we will grow and improve
and become better with age and wisdom








If
 2013
brings personal challenges
(and you know it will)

I'd like to think I'm more prepared to handle them with a modicum of grace

less panic

less stress

less fear

more assurance

that in the end, all things will work out as they are meant to.



Sunday
in church service
my pastor spoke of the storm the disciples faced in their boat on the Sea of Galilee.

You know

the one that was raging
 while 
Jesus
was
 asleep
in the boat.


He spoke of storms that we're meant to ride out, 
because those trials test our faith
and bring us growth, endurance, maturity
and

greater faith







I've experienced
 many
 of the
 challenges 
life can throw at a person

and struggled through a fair number of trials

and

have come to believe 
that
God
is here

He's participating in it all

very close at hand

watching and guaging and coaching

and

hedging me about
and
providing and comforting
and
delivering
and
tenderly
discerning
what 
I
will
face


I'm thankful for the trials I have missed
due to His action of moving me out of the way.







Some folks have faced things much harder and more profound, 
and not because they deserve any tougher trials that I do.


I'm just
saying

I'm thankful

in
hindsight

for those 
He has allowed me to walk through
and
survive.

They grow us up
and
change us
and
sand off some 
rough edges

but

most importantly

they 
have taught me
that
nothing
is
uncontrolled
when we are relying on His grace and asking for 
His
guidance 
and 
direction.

My
 faith
 continues to grow
and
2013
will will be a year of growth


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...