Thursday, July 26, 2012

Neutral Position





I've been collecting textiles and other items of interesting texture 
since I was about . . .

well,

never mind how long,

but 
for a
  really
long time.


I'm a lover of textures,

and this, 




possibly,

is why I live in a world of
limited color and pattern.

Many of us collect "things" and then struggle to find the way to show these "things",
without being over run with clutter.

Containment, organization and appropriate display
are not always easy.
Harmony is delicate . . . requiring a trained eye.

A subtle and limited color palette is one solution.

I'm currently
in love
with
concrete
putty
dirt
mud
stone

and similar
"greige"

shades of taupe - y
grayish
brown.





These
 "dirty", 
muddied tones 
are
simple and calm.

Easy on the brain.


They are found everywhere in nature.


They are the neutrals I'm using in many spaces
and
 upon which
I am able to display
many collected treasures.






I find my eye searches for 
innuendo and detail
in this neutral palette.





Weathered 
barn wood
galvanized metal
river rocks
gray seashells
heather
flax
twiggy bird nests

Ahhhh . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...