Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pieces of The Past


I've been feeling
 ambitious
and
thinking 
about
spring
cleaning.

The season
is 
inspiring me 
to
pull out some of the beautiful
olde items I've been
hoarding
in my little workroom.





I have tiny treasures tucked away 
inside 
antique
leather
suitcases
and 
English crocks
and
lovey old jars
and
timeworn
wooden boxes.

I love to re-examine
these special
little
pieces of
olde

gently aged
mellow
handcrafted
in a simpler time.

And just
delight 
in the
fact
that they have been
preserved
and 
cared for
and
treasured
for another generation.


These pieces 
of
the 
past

fashioned of 
necessity
for a practical purpose
in
an age
when 
nearly 
everything
needed to be practical

are now 
appreciated
simply because they are
lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...